Friday, September 30, 2022

Do A Nice Thing!

 


This is a short post as a reminder to myself to be a better person. This post is also to challenge my readers. I do not go out of my way to look for opportunities to help people like I should. I have times where doing nice things come to mind but I tend not to focus on it all the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm not mean to people, I just fail to take a moment to go out of my way sometimes to be nice to someone.

Yesterday, while at the grocery store, I loaded my few bags of groceries in the back of my car and headed to the cart cage to deposit my empty cart. I looked down my parking aisle and saw an older woman finishing up unloading her cart so I veered over to her and offered to take her cart along with mine. I got a huge smile and a thank you. I don't tell the story to toot my own horn. I tell it in a challenge to my readers and myself to do something nice for someone. Please seek out an opportunity daily and then return here and comment what nice thing you did. I will continue to seek out opportunities and will comment on my progress also. 

Please comment with any nice act you do, whether small or large. Maybe your reported "nice act" will spur someone else to do the same thing. Being nice does not cost a thing unless you escalate it to buying a coffee for the next person in line or something similar. So, get out there and do something good for humanity!

12 comments:

  1. Yesterday, Friday, I purchased three $5 gift cards to Sonic and gave them to my 3 year old granddaughter's preschool teachers. They loved the gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Coincidence: just yesterday evening I helped an old man with a grocery cart. Only ... I didn't get a smile, just got a scowl. Oh well, I hope his day got better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Staying with the grocery store theme, rarely a week goes by when I am not able to reach something on a higher shelf for someone too short to do so on their own. A big smile and thank you is a very nice reward.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've done that a few times. Also have helped those in the electric scooters who can't reach high.

      Delete
  4. When we do an act of kindness like you did I know it spreads more acts of kindness. Last Sunday a pastor at my church needed encouragement and I gave him a note and gift card to a bookstore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Today, Thursday, was trash day and I stopped our garbage truck driver and told him I appreciated what he does and then gave him a $5 gift card to get a drink at Sonic. He was appreciative and gave a huge smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a small thing, but we bring in the trash bin for neighbors if they're not around. Actually, we love it here in our local community on Oahu because people tend to be nice and helpful. If you're having difficulty, someone will generally stop and help you. And we would do the same.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is always a nice gesture. My neighbor and I both move the other's trash can a time or two each month.

      Delete
  7. Probably not what you were expecting, but … it doesn’t always pay to be nice!
    Last Sunday I was bringing our new neighbors who just moved in next door a handful of limes from our tree. The neighbor, who I hadn’t yet met, was in the yard with his dog as I approached so I said hello and asked if his BIG dog was friendly because it was barking and pulling at the leash. He said, Oh, yes, and came toward me, I held out my hand with the limes, and the dog attacked my leg! Had to go to Urgent Care to have the puncture wounds cleaned and irrigated and a tetanus shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's crazy! That would sure make you think twice about sharing your limes.

      Delete