Monday, September 19, 2022

What's On Your Coffee Mug?


Here at the Retirement Coffee Shop, I enjoy a couple of cups of coffee every morning. A cup of Folger's usually starts out my day. On occasion I may have some roasted coffee that I picked up at a local coffee shop. Every morning I reach up into the cabinet above my coffeepot and pick out the coffee mug of the day. My favorite is a mug I picked up at the Evel Knievel Museum. Some of my other favorites include a cup that has a picture of books on a bookshelf, a NASA cup and a new favorite is a plain blue Corell cup. 


When out thrifting, I see a million coffee cups in all shapes, sizes and colors. Many have advertising logos and many have a few words of wisdom on them. You have seen many of these cups before with words embossed on them such as "I'm the boss!" or "Best Dad" or some other saying. My son bought one over the weekend that had a cat in a Santa hat and said "Meowy Christmas". I saw a coffee cup a few weeks ago that had some retirement slogan on it. I should have grabbed that one for my daily coffee.

I think your coffee cup says a lot about you. My coffee cups, shown above, say that I am a highly intelligent daredevil spaceman or something similar. I have three coffee cups that just sit as decorations on a bookshelf in my study.  One is a bright orange mug with Cozumel written on it, one is a Life Is Good cup with a cartoon guy laid back in a chair and one is a White Pass train cup with three train engines on it. These three say that I like Cozumel, trains and a relaxing day. 

 A "Best Dad" cup says you probably are a great dad and you love your kids and they love you. An "I'm the boss!" cup says that yes indeed you are the boss and you are proud of it. A cup with a puppy or cat on it shows that you love animals and especially love your pet. If you have a cup with some type of company logo it shows you are too cheap to buy a mug and got that one for free somewhere. Some coffee cups have your name on them. I don't know why you really need your name on the cup unless you keep it in the cabinet at work and it would show everyone that it's yours and yours only. 

A person's coffee cup may indicate they love nature, sports, a certain hobby, music, etc. by what's on the cup. What does your coffee cup say about you? Do you have a favorite cup or two that you use a lot? Do you have a cup with a really cool saying on it? 

8 comments:

  1. As a retired teacher, I must tell you that I have a large collection of mugs. In fact, I started collecting them on trips (especially after I retired). I finally got to the point that I just had to stop. And now our granddaughter is giving my husband "Best Grandpa" type mugs. Hoo boy! And now... no place to put them. :-) I already know how highly intelligent you are Mitch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It doesn't take long for the mugs to take over a cabinet shelf. I have a few I need to get rid of and just stick to my favorites.

      Delete
  2. Husband and I have each acquired two mugs in retirement. His are adorned with graphics of cycling and cookery, mine with yoga and gardening. No words, just pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mugs appear to show exactly what you are each interested in. Thanks for the comment.

      Delete
  3. My favorite cup right now is one given to me by my oldest granddaughter that reads - I love you a bushel and a peck. I used to sing that song to them when they were little and now that she's 14, it makes me so happy that it was memorable for her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great cup that brings joy to you every time you use it!

      Delete
  4. When we downsized almost three years ago I purged most of the coffee mugs with logos. Now we have two sizes of Fiesta cups that match the dishes. There are smaller ones that came with the set and mug-sized ones. The only decision I have to make is which color I want.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have a couple of Fiesta mugs too. Enjoy your coffee in those brightly colored mugs!

      Delete