Sunday, January 2, 2022

101 New Things Update for 2021


 I set a goal of trying 101 new things in 2021. I fell way short of 101 after starting out strong. Life got in the way of seeking out new things in the latter half of the year. The whole quest has changed my perspective now as I am always looking and eager to try new things now and in the future. I managed to make it to 58 new things in 2021. Here are the latest additions to my list since the last update in September.


54. First time to eat Detroit style pizza. Never heard of it before.

55. Visited Texas Prison Museum in Huntsville, TX

56. Shaved wife's head (due to chemo treatment)

57. Visited Brazos Bend State Park and saw 8 alligators in the wild

58. Visited Moody Gardens Christmas display in Galveston, TX


I still plan on seeking out opportunities to try new things in 2022, but will not set a specific goal. I would still like to try pottery making, see a roller derby match, visit the John Wayne museum in Ft Worth and try glass blowing to name a few things. Hopefully 2022 will also give us all a better environment to travel safely again and see some new places.

All of us can benefit from trying a new thing or stepping out of our comfort zone to add a little zest to our lives. Even a short and fun experience is very satisfying and will bring a smile to your face and leave you feeling good. 

Happy New Year to all!


 



8 comments:

  1. Trying new things is one of the most enjoyable and stimulating facets of retirement life. However, I too have reached the stage where my embedded curiosity and habit now of looking out for new experiences, means that I no longer feel the need to set goals, it’s just become part of who I am and engenders happiness without the need for a list to tick off. However, I don’t think I’d have reached this stage without initially following a list or two to train myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Retirement is the perfect time to try new things. The trying and experiencing bring a little spice to your life!

      Delete
  2. I had to look up what Detroit style pizza was, because I too had not heard of it. Looks interesting. I'll have to see who makes it here in the Phoenix area. That was a fun goal to try to achieve for 2021 but I like that you are still going to be pursuing it in 2022 with the caveat of not assigning a number to get to of new things. Another blog I follow back in 2019 decided to try one new thing a week, new restaurant, different type of food, whatever. Then she blogged about it. It was fun to see where the year took her.

    Happy New Year to you and yours!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Detroit style was totally new to me. I had always heard of and eaten NY style and Chicago style. I saw something new and decided to give it a try. It was pretty good pizza.

      Delete
  3. I have a learn new things goal and an experience new places goal and the rest I kinda lea e to my natural urge for new experiences.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your goal and enjoy the journey!

      Delete