Sunday, July 14, 2024

Root Beer Update!



Back in February I posted about root beer and my quest to try some new brands. I have purchased numerous different brands here in OKC and picked up six new brands on a recent trip to Kansas City. The store in Kansas City probably had about 50 or more brands! Here are some of my most recent taste tests. I have rated them on a scale of 1 to10. I tend to favor the sweeter variety. I have about ten more brands in the fridge awaiting a try. Have an awesome root beer summer!

 

1.      Rocky Mountain Root Beer  2/27/24     (5)

2.      Bull Dog Root Beer 2/29/24  (6)

3.      Red Arrow Root Beer 3/2/24  (7)

4.      Dang! That’s Good 3/19/24  (5)

5.      Sprecher 3/30/24  (7)

6.      Americana 4/5/24  (9)

7.      Dog N Suds 4/17/23  (7)

8.      Death Valley Root Beer  5/16/24  (8)

9.      Gene Autry Root Beer 5/28/24  (7)

10   Poppi   6/19/24   (-2)     Yes -2. I did not like this one past two sips!

11   Oak Creek Barrel Aged Root Beer 6/20/24   (8)

12   The Pop Shoppe 7/2/24  (7)




9 comments:

  1. You need to try Frostie! It's pretty sweet and very good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you ever come across a bottle of Fitz's give it a try

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't care for the taste of root beer but I certainly like the challenge you are creating for yourself. I guess if I had to pick one item I most often try when on the road to see how others do it is a patty melt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. In Chicago we have root Beer called Filberts it’s the best!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard of Filberts. I'll try to find one around here.

      Delete
  5. Although you can't trust my taste buds because I can't taste much, I've been buying Barq's root beer.

    ReplyDelete