Thursday, February 17, 2022

In Charge For A Day


 I started to title this post "If I were God for a day" but I didn't want that much responsibility. If God participated in "Take Your Children to Work Day", I can only imagine what I might do if I was put in charge and had unlimited powers for a day. Imagining such a thing is like thinking about what you would do if you won $100 million lottery.

If I were in charge for a day I would first eliminate all the deadly and damaging diseases that mankind has to deal with currently. Instantly, I would eliminate all cancers, alzheimer's, and other diseases that cause death and suffering. I probably can't eliminate everything we humans contract, so in that regard I would instantly make a cure for everything else. One simple pill or shot and whatever your are dealing with is gone. 

If I were in charge for a day any intentional criminal acts will be redirected from the victim and back to the attacker. If a criminal intentionally shoots to harm or kill, the bullet will curve and inflict that damage on the shooter. The exception will be game hunters. I will still allow you to shoot straight to hunt your geese or whatever. The key will be criminal intent. If you are impaired on drugs or alcohol and decide to drive, you would only hurt yourself and your car. You would always be diverted away from hitting an innocent person. 

If I were in charge for a day, I would make chocolate brownies have the nutritional value of cauliflower and vice versa. That way doctors can recommend you cut back on cauliflower and get three servings a day of the new healthy carbs. 

If I were in charge for a day, I would make nuclear energy totally safe. I would eliminate the effect of radiation on humans so that the material was safe enough to hold in your hands but still able to provide endless and clean energy. (This one is a result of me watching Chernobyl)

If I were in charge for a day, I would make lightbulbs and batteries last as long as advertised. So, when you buy a LED bulb it really last 12 years, not the 1 year I seem to get out of them sometimes.

If I were in charge for a day, I would make the internet so fast that you would never see your streaming video get paused and that irritating little circle going round and round loading your video.

If I were in charge for a day, any accidents that would cause death or harm would be eliminated. If you fall you never get seriously injured or die from it. No one drowns or dies in a fire. I would make the cars so technologically advanced that they can't hit each other and cause accidents. 

If I were in charge for a day, cell phones would not work anywhere in an indoor public gathering place. To use your cell phone for a call or watch a video you have to exit the area much like a smoker has to. I can't stand trying to have a nice meal while hearing someone endlessly stream TikTok videos in the next booth. 

As I leave for the day, I can just see God patting me on the back for a job well done! All the while muttering "Now I have to fix all this and find new jobs for the medical, law enforcement and cauliflower workers out there. I have to figure out how to get people to heaven now that they can't die from a lot of things. I have to figure out how to feed all these people now that they all live to 100."

As I said, I would not want to be God and have the responsibility of this earth. And as I don't get the "big picture" to how all this works anyway, I would definitely mess it up if I was in charge for even a minute. 

What would you accomplish if you were in charge for a day with unlimited powers? 




2 comments:

  1. Interesting thought if I was in charge for a day and had unlimited powers. Made me think of that movie with Jim Carey "Bruce Almighty" and how overwhelmed he was with all the "prayer" requests that came in, etc. I get the "big picture" of how this works and I'm really glad there is the God who has perfect control of it all even if sometimes it doesn't make sense to us with His purpose and His plans. I think if I had unlimited powers I would have everyone love each other. Because I truly believe if we just loved others as we loved ourselves and treated others with kindness and respect like we want to be treated, this world would be a better place :)

    betty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment. Jesus says that love is the greatest commandment.

      Delete